Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Will we take the accountability or will forever seek for validation?

"Bukak je la tudung tu dik, alang-alang dah nampak leher" - A comment by an anonymous I found on a random video on Tiktok. The owner of the video ended up taking off her hijab.

This issue has been circulating since forever.

I appreciate reminders but not this kind of reminder and I also can't support what's forbid in Islam. 

I get the intention of trying to give these so-called-reminders to fellow muslims. However, I totally disagree with the way of that reminder being delivered. 

But the reaction to the comment does not sit right with me - taking off your hijab over a comment that you can simply ignore. Do not blame someone's comment on the internet over your decision to do the things you want to do. Especially harsh comments from a STRANGER. Why would you pay attention to that? 

Honestly, this situation is both frustrating and sad. I read about the arguments on twitter - 
  1. Justifying the action of the rebellious of a Muslimah taking off her hijab as an act of feminism,
  2. Discussion on how to deliver a good reminder,  and 
  3. The debate on the syarie's law and the perceived of the Quran's teaching.
It's sad because in my perspective, I see the Islamic's teaching are no longer been taken seriously, and even more insane that sometimes there are verses in the Quran where the translation was taken out of context to fit one's narrative and to justify one's action. Scary. 

Understand the Quran and its interpretation is not as simple as reading a book where it's straight-forward. We need a qualified teacher to guide in understanding the meaning of each sentence deeply and accurately.

Choosing to let someone's comment control your life is your responsibility. 
Giving advices is one's responsibility too but do it properly, with respect and care. 

-

Kepada saudara saudari muslim sekalian, tegurlah berhemah dan terima lah teguran secara berhemah, jangan perlekehkan. Dunia ni memang tempat ujian, tak jadi kat kita sekarang, mungkin jadi kat kita nanti atau mungkin boleh jadi dekat orang yang kita sayang. Tiada siapa yang sempurna. 

Semoga kita semua dikurniakan kesabaran dan kekuatan. Jagalah lisan, jagalah adab. Let's be a better muslim. May Allah guide us all. 

To all the struggling muslimah(s) out there, I probably don't know you but whatever it is, please please please stay strong!!! We got this!! Love yall. Muah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will we take the accountability or will forever seek for validation?

"Bukak je la tudung tu dik, alang-alang dah nampak leher" - A comment by an anonymous I found on a random video on Tiktok. The o...